- Dry Cleaners
- Firework Sales
- Gasoline Dealer
- Kerosene Sales
- Power Laundry
- Solvent Sales
- Varsol Sales
Fireworks Temporary Stand License Applications Now Accepted
With Independence Day soon approaching, the Department of Licensing and Consumer Protection (DLCP) is now accepting temporary fireworks stand license applications.
To be issued a license, applicants must meet the following requirements and possess:
- A valid Building Permit
- A Certificate of Occupancy
- A valid Corporate Registration (If Applicable)
- A Fire Marshall Inspection Report (Approved) / Proof of Fire Inspection Payment
- A Lease/Letter of Agreement for Use of Space
- A valid Tax Registration
The flammable product sales and services business fee is $247.50.
DLCP cooperates with other District of Columbia Government agencies to ensure applicants/licensees comply with all applicable DC Official Codes and Municipal Regulations. The agency reserves the right to request additional documentation and/or proof of inspection(s). Paper applications not accepted.
For more information about fireworks, visit the frequently asked questions from the Department of Fire and Emergency Medical Services.
- Dry Cleaners – $422.40
- Explosives (Retail) – $239.80
- Firework Sales (Retail/Temporary) – $247.50
- Firework Sales (Wholesale) – $2,278.10
- Gasoline Dealer – $127.60 (Varies per number of units)
- Kerosene Sales – $190.30
- Power Laundry – $374.00
- Pyroxylin – $247.50
- Solvent Sales – $159.50
- Varsol Sales – $159.50
IMPORTANT: The Department of Licensing and Consumer Protection cooperates with other District of Columbia Government agencies to ensure applicants/licensees comply with all applicable D.C. Official Codes and Municipal Regulations. The agency reserves the right to request additional documentation and/or proof of inspection(s).