General Online Tools
Access DC Initiative
The Department of Licensing and Consumer Protection (DLCP) utilizes Access DC - a program to enhance security and improve access to all of DLCP's online services.
- Access DC simplifies interactions with DLCP. Instead of having multiple accounts with passwords to remember, your single Access DC account will be used for every DLCP online system.
- Access DC enhances security by verifying the email addresses of all users and protects DLCP's online services with an access management platform conforming to FedRAMP security standards.
- The Access DC account is easy to obtain. You can sign up for an account in just a few minutes, and if you ever forget your login information, self-guided prompts will help you recover instantly.
Agency Performance Dashboard
This is a platform that presents DLCP data. The dashboards provide greater transparency, allowing customers to take a look at DLCP's performance in these areas.
Easily make payments for various services and fees online.
Schedule an Appointment Online
Choose a category based on your questions or needs and schedule a virtual appointment today.
Verify Licenses, Enforcement Actions, Regulatory and Property Information
Scout, our online consolidated database allows users to find and track licenses, enforcement actions, and regulatory information on District businesses all in one place. Think of it as a one-stop shop for all your data needs. Search by street address, business name, person name, permit, or license number.
Pay a Fine
Remit payment online to satisfy a fine. Payments may be made using debit or credit cards using our online payment portal.
File a Complaint
The Office of Enforcement includes the Consumer Protection Unit (CPU), a team of investigators who are dedicated to enforcing District regulations in many areas, including, but not limited to:
- Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices;
- Unlicensed Business Operations or Operation Beyond the Scope of a License;
- Unlicensed Rental or Short-Term Rental Activity;
- Home Improvement Services and Warranty Claims;
- Trash Noise Complaints;
- Gas-Powered Leaf Blower Prohibition;
- Flavored Tobacco Prohibition;
- Special events;
- Mobile and stationary vendors (including food trucks and sidewalk vendors).
Visit DLCP's Consumer Protection page for more information, or proceed directly to file a complaint using CPU's universal intake form.
Small Business Resources
Register for a One-on-One Session
Try DLCP's one-stop-shop concierge service where aspiring and existing business owners can become equipped with the step-by-step process of navigating the District’s regulatory process, providing business owners with information, guidelines, and support, thereby identifying opportunities to succeed in today’s business environment.
Apply for a Business License
The DC Business Portal is the place where entrepreneurs can find all information related to growing and maintaining local businesses.
Apply for a Short-Term Rental License
Apply for a Special Event License Online
Verify an Existing Business License
Scout makes it easy to verify a business license. In order to operate legally in the District of Columbia, all businesses must be licensed. Scout allows you to check if a business entity has an active license(s). You can search by license number, address, name, or category. Looking for a place to rent and need to verify the business of a potential landlord? You can also find out if your landlord is licensed by searching on Scout.
Complete Corporation Services Online
Form and register all domestic and foreign filing entities online at CorpOnline. View a complete list of Corporation Services online at CorpOnline.
Occupational and Professional Licensing
Apply for an Occupational or Professional License Online
Apply online with non-health occupational and professional boards, commissions, and programs and enforces regulations and offers licenses in more than 125 occupational and professional categories.
Search for an Occupational/Professional License
Learn the status of a occupational or professional license.
Verify an Occupational/Professional License
Obtain a license certification/verification.
Weights & Measures Device Registration
Apply for a Weights and Measures Certificate Online
Business Email Address
File a Complaint
File a complaint if you believe a merchant overcharged you, that you did not receive the quality/quantity; advertised/paid for, or have another complaint.